Miami Spine Surgery
Minimally Invasive Solutions to Back Pain
Your spine is one of the most important parts of your body. It provides support for your upper body while remaining versatile enough for movement. It protects the nerves that run from your brain connecting to the rest of your body, which allows you to do pretty much everything you do.
Because the spine is so important, you must take great care of it. When your back has been injured or is affected by chronic pain, you need to see a healthcare professional for assistance.
Noninvasive methods like medication, physical therapy, or chiropractic care are effective treatments in many cases of back pain. However, some types of back pain are best treated with spinal surgery.
We invite you to call iRISE Spine and Joint at (888) 966-9750 to learn more about our spine surgery options in Miami.
What Is Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery?
Spinal surgery is any type of surgery done to repair or replace damaged tissue and bone in or near the vertebrae, discs, and facet joints in your spine. Spinal surgery may sound intimidating, but medicine has come a long way in developing safe and less-invasive methods for successful spinal surgeries.
Who Needs this Surgery?
Spinal surgery is usually recommended for people with back pain stemming from the spine that hasn’t responded to non-invasive treatment methods. It may also be recommended without first using noninvasive methods if the condition is serious enough.
People of all ages and backgrounds may benefit from spinal surgery if they have severe back pain. Our surgeons at Florida Spine and Joint will examine your condition and determine if you’re a good candidate for spinal surgery. This may include a review of your physical symptoms and medical history, an X-ray, a CT scan, and an MRI scan.
Some of the most common conditions we treat with spinal surgery include:
- Herniated disc
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal infections and tumors
- Spinal deformities like scoliosis
- Vertebral compression fracture
Benefits of Spinal Surgery
Spinal surgery can improve your quality of life. There is never a guarantee that spinal surgery will relieve your pain, but your surgeon wouldn’t recommend it if he or she didn’t strongly feel there are high chances of success.
At iRISE Spine and Joint, we have helped many patients improve the quality of their lives with spinal surgery.
Some of the benefits of spinal surgery they enjoy include:
- Less pain
- Better mobility
- Improved spinal alignment
- Improved mood
- Increased levels of productivity
- Less dependency on pain medication
Common Types of Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery?
Our spinal surgeons at iRISE Spine and Joint specialize in a variety of spinal surgeries to repair or replace damaged parts of your spine.
Some of the most frequently performed spinal surgeries include:
- Spinal fusion: This is a procedure that joins together two or more of your vertebrae into one solid piece. Doing this helps reduce mobility between two damaged vertebrae, which helps reduce pain and improve the mobility of the rest of your spine.
- Laminectomy: This is a procedure in which the surgeon removes a small portion of the back of your vertebrae called the lamina. This helps reduce pressure off the spinal cord, which can lessen chronic pain.
- Discectomy: In this procedure, the surgeon removes a part or the entirety of a damaged disc between your vertebrae. This helps reduce pain and relieve pressure off the spinal cord. Discectomy is usually followed up with a spinal fusion to support the vertebrae affected by the damaged disc.
- Total disc replacement: This is a procedure in which the surgeon removes an entire disc from between your vertebrae and replaces it with an artificial implant.
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty: In these procedures, a surgeon injects bone cement into fractures in the vertebrae. This helps improve the stability and mobility of the spine and can reduce pain.
Every major surgery has some risks of complications. However, complications are rare and usually not severe when they occur.
Still, you should know the risks involved before undergoing spinal surgery:
- Loss of blood
- Loss of spinal fluid
- Blood clotting
- Nerve damage
- Allergic reaction
- Artificial implant failure
We Are Here to Help
Are you suffering from chronic back pain? Has a recent injury hurt your back? If non-invasive methods aren’t helping you recover, our Miami spinal surgery may be the treatment you need.
Our surgeons at iRISE Spine and Joint are highly trained and experienced in performing successful spinal surgeries. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with a member of our team.