Auto Accident Injury Treatment
Your Recovery Is Our Priority
Auto accidents are among the most common tragedies affecting Americans every year, with an average 6 million drivers affected annually. What’s worse, half of those involved typically suffer serious injuries.
We can’t stop the threat of car accidents altogether, but we can, and have, taken great strides in medical treatments to effectively respond to them. At iRISE Spine and Joint, we have the professionals, resources, and therapies necessary to evaluate and treat injuries that arise from such incidents.
With locations in Tennessee and throughout Florida, the providers in each of our practices are ready to see how we can be of assistance. To see which location is nearest you: CLICK HERE
Signs of Serious Injuries
While bumps and bruises are almost a guarantee after a vehicle wreck, more serious, but less visible, injuries are often sustained. Common signs of a serious injury include:
- Impaired vision
- Inability to stand or use your limbs
- Severe headaches with sharp, throbbing pain
- Slurred speech
More visible injuries, including excessive blood loss, bone protrusion, and swelling also warrant a call to medical professionals for thorough examination and treatment. You should seek medical attention within 72 hours of your accident to decrease the risks of developing more serious conditions or irreparable disability.
Beyond seeking timely treatment for the good of your long-term health, it’s also important for your insurance. In Florida, injured drivers have 14 days to receive care and qualify for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits. Under PIP laws, those harmed in an accident will have the cost of injuries and lost wages covered by insurance. If you do not seek help within two weeks of the crash, you risk being ineligible for this coverage.
Common Injuries Experienced in a Car Accident
Some injuries may not be immediately apparent but become unbearable after a few hours. You may experience severe pain in your head, back, or joints, which could indicate:
- Concussion, a brain injury resulting from a sudden jerk that causes your brain to crash against your skull
- Fracture, which weakens or breaks bones
- Herniated disc, which happens when a disc that separates your vertebrae ruptures and puts pressure on your spinal nerve
- Joint damage, which causes pain and immobility in the joints and typically accompanies a fracture
- Whiplash, or chronic neck pain resulting from a sudden jerk in one direction
How to Treat Auto Accident Injuries
Car accident survivors can experience varying degrees of pain in different parts of the body. While injuries differ, our ability to aid in your recovery is the same. We can approach your treatment in a few different ways depending on your injuries. Our specialists provide expert care through surgical and nonsurgical treatments, including:
- Chiropractic treatment: Our specialists can manipulate joints and focus on reducing pain and increasing mobility. Chiropractic care is especially lucrative for patients recovering from whiplash and concussions, as the care focuses on musculoskeletal and nervous system injuries like these.
- Orthopedic surgery: In the event that a musculoskeletal injury requires surgery, our orthopedic team provides expert care correcting any injuries in the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, or muscles.
- Spinal surgery: For those who suffered a herniated disc or other injury to their spine, our specialists can perform a variety of minimally invasive procedures to target the injury.
- Interventional procedures: These minimally invasive procedures treat back pain to reduce a future, more serious flare-up.
If you’ve been injured in a car wreck, our physicians can provide first-class care from your first evaluation. Using our thoughtful, personalized approach, you stand a better chance of making a full and fast recovery.
We can work with your PErsonal Injury Attorney
At iRISE Spine and Joint, our offerings extend beyond our superior medical
care. We can work closely with your personal injury attorney so that the
legal aspects of your auto accident case may be effectively pursued. Our
practice proudly provides proactive responses to your attorney so that
you can focus on your recovery.
Call iRISE Spine and Joint to start recovering from your auto accident-related injuries: (888) 966-9750. We can also be reached via our online message form.