Our team at iRISE Spine and Joint is proud to introduce and welcome the newest staff addition of Dr. Michael C. Weiss, D.O., FAOAO, as our new Chief of Surgery. We are honored to join Dr. Weiss in his expertise and look forward to watching him provide advanced orthopedic care alongside our seasoned team.
With more than 30 years of experience in the field treating patients in minimally invasive spine surgery, we couldn’t be more thrilled about Dr. Weiss and how he can benefit our patients in South Florida.
About Our Newest Chief of Surgery
We are proud to have Dr. Weiss as a renowned and nationally recognized professional on board. Prior to joining iRISE, he served as Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Laser Spine Institute in 2011, directing and overseeing the organization’s fellowship program. He has opened seven spine surgery centers throughout the United States, regularly lectures at national society meetings, and organizes and leads in a number of national medical conferences.
Dr. Weiss brings a unique approach to iRISE Spine and Joint. He holds various training in a broad range of specialties including:
- Laminectomy/ Foraminotomy
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (LLIF)
- Transforaminal Lumber Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion (ACDF)
- Cervical Laminectomy/ Foraminotomy
- SI Joint Fusion
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Medial Branch Block
- Revision Surgery
- Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement
He is additionally recognized for his awards and membership in the following:
- Choice Medical Awards, Nominee, Physician of the Year, 2004
- 10-Year Distinguished Service Award, Nova Southeastern University
- Fellow, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Division of Worker’s Compensation, State of Florida
- Diplomate, National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
Farewell To Dr. Samuel J. Hess
Our staff at iRise and Joint would also like to wish a farewell to a distinguished provider at our clinic. Thank you to Dr. Samuel J. Hess, MD, for his long years of service, hard work, and dedication to our practice and community. As an invaluable asset to our team, we wish him all the best in his happiness, success, and future endeavors. Dr. Hess will be missed by us all, thank you!
Reach out to our staff online or call our offices at (888) 655-7473 to learn more. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.