It’s always a good idea to visit a medical professional after an automobile accident. You might not feel hurt, but the symptoms of some injuries do not appear until a full day or longer after the accident. By this point, it may be more difficult to treat your injury. So, even if you feel okay, it’s usually best to not take your chances and visit a doctor just in case.
If you’ve been involved in an automobile accident in or around Miami, Florida, Florida Spine and Joint can help. We have multiple clinics in the Miami area that offer a variety of orthopedic services.
What injuries do orthopedic services treat?
Orthopedic services are treatments for injuries and conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system of your body. This system includes your bones, joints, muscles, and soft tissue. Since these are the main areas that get hurt in automobile accidents, orthopedic services can usually help.
Here are some of the common injuries from automobile accidents that we treat at Florida Spine and Joint in Miami:
- Whiplash — When your head suddenly jerks forward due to a collision, it can stretch and tear the muscles or soft tissue in your neck. This is known as whiplash and it’s one of the most common automobile accident injuries in the world.
- Fractures — If part of your body is directly impacted during the accident, you may break some limbs. It’s also possible to crack your ribs on the seat belt. Orthopedic surgery may be necessary to put broken bones back together and provide support for your body while you recover.
- Strains and sprains — Strains and sprains are stretches and tears to the muscles and soft tissue in your body. Whiplash is a form of strain, but other parts of your body are vulnerable to these kinds of strains and sprains too, such as the hamstrings or the knees.
- Spinal injuries — Compression fractures and slipped discs are some of the spinal injuries that can occur as the result of an automobile accident. You may have a spinal injury if your back is in pain or you have trouble bending or twisting after an accident.
- Concussion — A concussion is a head injury that can occur if the brain collides against the inside of the skull during an automobile accident. Other injuries can make the symptoms of a concussion grow worse while recovering, so you may need to see an orthopedic specialist for help if this is the case.
Visit iRISE Spine and Joint in Miami to treat an auto accident injury
Many doctors are more comfortable confirming a diagnosis with the help of an MRI. If you’re trying to get treatment for an injury and need an MRI for a diagnosis first, come visit our clinic in Hollywood. Contact us today to speak with one of our dedicated patient care coordinators and learn more or to schedule an appointment.